Thursday, March 18, 2010

Big Chairs

Sitting in the Jewish Hospital Weight Management Center…and there are lots of big chairs. Every doctor’s office waiting room in which I’ve ever waited has had the regular ol’ grey chairs that hurt my ass more than anything. At home, I sit on a couch or a love seat. At work, I have a big chair because it has to go up high enough to get me up to my raised desk (or that’s what I tell myself).
Here are a list of places that I cannot wait to visit and set my no-longer fat ass down in a chair:
  • Bravo Restaurant – they glue their booth tables to the wall…not gut-friendly.
  • Music Hall – this…this will be the best, I think.
  • AirTran Air Plane – I may have to fly to and from Baltimore from Dayton ($49 each way) in a middle seat just for shits and giggles.
  • Milford Retreat Center – I broke a chair there on my first Kairos. It will be a healing moment.
  • Barb and Rick Helmes’ house – ditto. Broke a chair there, too. Ironically, it is now in my living room, thanks to their giving spirit.
  • Great American Ballpark Bleacher Seats – Again, full of irony. This is the only area in the ballpark without arms, but there are little lines separating the seats…grrr.

No comments: