Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request




Friends and Strangers,

One of my former students, Jenny Ludwin, is fighting for her life against the H1N1 flu in the ICU at the OSU Medical Center in Columbus. Jenny is one of the good ones...one of the most giving people I've met.

I had the good fortune to lead a retreat with her at Roger Bacon just before I resigned from there. She's on a ventilator and fighting a mean blood infection.

Please, please, please prayer for her. I know that there are so many people to pray for these days (including Charlie Matthews), but please include her in your talks with God.

If you don't pray much and don't really know how, just settle yourself, clear your mind, and read this. It doesn't have to be outloud, if that weirds you out.

Father God,
I lift up Jenny to your care. If it is Your will, please deliver her from this terrible virus. Father, I ask that You give strength to her lungs, that You clear her blood, and that through Your Son, Jesus, You heal her of all illness.

Father, allow us all to speak together for her in the words of David, "Oh Lord my God, I called to your for help and you healed me."

Through Christ our Lord we pray,
Amen
Thank you all...


No comments: