Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jen Ludwin Update: Unbelievable News

The most recent email recieved from my former colleague:
Greetings!



I know it has been awhile for an update, but the wait is worth it as I have some absolutely awesome news!

First of all, Jen has, as we all know, overcome some absolutely unbelievable odds. After close to 12 weeks of ICU, she is now BREATHING on her own and OUT of ICU! Two wonderful things. This also means she can finally talk. [Breathing and talking are two things I generally take for granted.] I would imagine that breathing on her own and talking are two things she is certainly enjoying now.


Jen has also had almost weekly reconstructive surgeries on her hands. Sandy Ludwin says, whereas Jen has lots more healing to go, she is progressing along the doctors’ expectations. The conversations now center on when she can move to the next space for healing as opposed to if she can move.


As always, the Ludwin family is most grateful for ALL support, both spiritually and otherwise. I know they are still shuttling back and forth between Columbus on a regular basis and can still use small meals or whatever food you can provide. See me if you can help in that way.


Once again, I see the power of prayer at work; keep those prayers coming!

No comments: