Friday, January 8, 2010

Jon's Vegetarian Adventure - Prep day 1 recap

So...it wasn't that bad. I think that it was the first time in...ever that I had a salad from a salad bar that did not contain bacon, turkey, ham, or chicken. I tried to like hard-boiled eggs...I don't. Here are some things that I learned from yesterday:
  • Mixed veggies aren't that bad with a little balsmic vinegar and red pepper flakes
  • Almost every soup known to man has beef/chicken stock or some kind of meat in it
  • I hate hard-boiled eggs
  • Little Caesar's Pizza is only good if there is pepperoni on it
  • You don't get much indigestion when you don't eat meat, but you get more gas (apologies to my Durango)
The only stuff outside of my comfort zone were the mixed veggies and the eggs. So, we had a split decision. As I said yesterday, my goal for next week is to find a vegetarian dish that I enjoy containing spinach.

2 comments:

bee listy said...

it is hard to find veg soup. you usually have to make your own. my vegan chili is tasty and easy. http://beelisty.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/bee-listys-vegan-chili/

John Arns said...

balsamic vinegar kicks.